Thursday

Let the new life begin...



The year apart, while my husband was splitting his time between his new, out-of-state office and FLETC, was challenging, but the show must go on, so I planned the entire wedding by myself. Luckily I had my friends and family nearby to accompany me on cake and catering tastings. We had to reschedule our wedding date because his academy dates were modified half way through his training. He finished the academy and drove home two days before our wedding. He looked so different; he was tan and had a new and improved body like I hadn't seen before. I'm not complaining, but he just looked so much different than he did when he left one year prior.

The wedding was amazing and we departed for our honeymoon the very next day. We were exhausted the first day, we were busy with beach festivities the second day, and by the third day, it really set-in that we had been apart for a whole year, living completely different lives. I had spent a year "playing" with my friends, working at a job I loved, and planning a very fun wedding. He had spent a year training and absorbing a new life which I was yet to understand or experience.

It was weird all of sudden. Not bad, but weird. Despite being on a beautiful island together, we were both eager to get home and finally start our new life together. One might think that we would have endless topics to discuss after being apart for so long, and yet we didn't. I knew I loved him, I knew he was the right man for me, and yet I didn't know what to talk with him about. I was certain that getting home and moving to our new home in our new state would be just the thing we needed to feel reconnected.... right????

No comments:

Post a Comment